- For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm(Hons.):
Aspirants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm(Hons.):
Aspirants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
Admission to all the programmes is subject to the conditions given below:
- Aspirants should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Only students who have appeared for 12th class examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th class Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his/her latest performance was considered, provided this attempt had been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2014 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses too are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2018. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
Direct admissions to Board toppers:
First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2018 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2018 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by May third week, 2018.
Candidates who wish to appear for BITSAT, need to apply for this engineering entrance through an online form, available on the official website of BITS Pilani.
Step 1: Filling Application Form
In BITSAT application form, candidates have to specify their programme preferences along with mentioning the marks obtained by them in their Class XII examination.
For successfully completing BITSAT 2018 registration, candidates have to double check all the information mentioned by them in the form. These duly filled application forms are then printed and thereafter, posted along with the enclosures such that these documents to make them reach BITS before the deadline.
The BITSAT registration form sent by Fax or Email is not accepted.
Candidates are also advised to note down their application form number because this is a unique number issued to them and which can used by them for all subsequent correspondence with the Institute.
Application fee for BITSAT 2018
For Dubai Centre
US $60 for male & female candidates both
(Indian Rs 4000)
Documents to be attached with BITSAT application form
Candidates have to submit the below mentioned enclosures along with their duly filled application forms:
- An attested photocopy of the Class X pass/ Matriculation/Secondary School certificate issued by the Board.
- An attested photocopy of the marksheet of the qualifying examination and any other higher University/Board examinations passed.
The application fee is non-refundable. Candidates have to pay their fees through either of the following methods:
- Payment by Credit Cards and Debit Cards (All credit & Debit cards issued by Master and Visa) using Online Payment Gateway. More details are available on the payment page.
- Payment through Net Banking enabled accounts of Indian banks using Online Payment Gateway: Participating banks list is displayed for candidates to choose any of the payment mode.
- By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay-in Slip: Applicants can choose to pay through Cash at ICICI Bank branches. For that, they have to download the specially designed Pay-in-slip from the website on the payments page and walk-into any ICICI bank branch along with cash. The bank shall deposit cash and give you a confirmation receipt for the same.
For foreign candidates not residing in India: Payment is done by International Credit Cards and Debit Cards using Online Payment Gateway. More details are available on the payment page.
Applying for BITS Dubai Campus
Candidates who are interested in applying for admission in BE (Hons) programmes as well as ME/MBA programmes on offer at BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus have to download a copy of the admission form for BITSAT and find out all the necessary information from the official website of BITS Pilani, Dubai.
In order to perform all the exam related tasks on time, it is necessary to have a look at the important dates for BITSAT.
Step 2: Downloading Admit Card
After this, candidates are issued their BITSAT admit card. Candidates who successfully registered for this engineering entrance exam are able to download their BITSAT admit card from the official website of this entrance exam. However, candidates have to ensure that they download their admit card within the time duration specified by the exam conducting authority. View the last date to download BITSAT admit card
BITSAT 2018 Selection Procedure
Admissions into programmes on offer at different campuses of BITS is completely based on merit and the scores acquired by candidates in the BITSAT entrance exam. Here, aspirants also need to ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria related to minimum marks to be obtained in Class XII Board examination or equivalent qualifying exam.
However, if the exam score of two candidates are the same, then the concerned authorities will use tie-breakers in the below mentioned order to create the merit list:
- Score in Mathematics/Biology
- PCM/PCB (for B,Pharma) total marks in Class XII examination
BITSAT 2018 exam paper will be based on objective-type multiple choice questions where candidates will be evaluated on the basis of how many answers they give correct.
It will be a three hour duration computer based online engineering entrance exam which will be divided into four sections/parts. Each section will have questions from different subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning as well as Mathematics.
BITSAT question paper will consist of questions in the above mentioned subjects taught to students as part of their Class XII syllabus.
The exam question paper included:
- A total of 150 questions wherein candidates have to select the correct answer from four options.
- For every correct answer candidates will be awarded three marks.
- For every wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
This engineering entrance exam will be divided into four sections. BITSAT 2018 syllabus lists the topics in which aptitude of candidates will be tested.
There is no section-wise time limit as per the BITSAT 2018 exam pattern. However, candidates have to complete their entrance exam in three hours duration. Thus, candidates are given the freedom to attempt any question/section as per their preference and are even given the option to go back to a question previously attempted by them and edit it within BITSAT exam stipulated time duration of three hours.
Additional Questions in BITSAT: Also, if any candidate is able to attempt all 150 question of this entrance exam within three hours then he/she will be given an opportunity to attempt additional 12 questions within those three hours. These additional questions are such that four questions each will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections only. However, any candidate who choose to answer these extra 12 exam questions are not allowed to go back to the original BITSAT exam and make any changes in the 150 answers he/she answered previously.
The section wise break up of questions as per BITSAT 2018 exam pattern was as follows:
No. of Questions
Mathematics/Biology ( B.Pharma)
Total Number of Questions
BITSAT question paper has all the questions in English language only. Candidates who appear for this engineering entrance exam will be given different question papers and these exam papers will randomly be selected from a large database of exam papers by the computer.
List of BITSAT test centers for the year 2018:
Pilani Campus of BITS
Delhi - 1
Dubai Campus of BITS (International Center)
Goa Campus of BITS
Hyderabad Campus of BITS