The Bachelor of Technology (commonly abbreviated as B.Tech. or B.Tech.(Hons)) is an undergraduate academic degree conferred after completion of a three or four year program of studies at an accredited university or accredited university-level institution In India, The Bachelor of Technology degree is awarded after completion of a 4 year program. The B.Tech. degree is conferred by government and private institutions in various fields like Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering Computer engineering, Electrical engineering, Civil engineering, Chemical engineering, Production Engineering and Textile Engineering, as well as a host of other prestigious institutes (both public and privately funded) for their professional engineering programs.
The Bachelor of Engineering, abbreviated as B.E., B.Eng., or B.A.I. (in Latin form) is an undergraduate academic degree awarded to a student after four to five years of studying engineering at an accredited university.
The basic eligibility criteria needed to pursue B.E. / B.Tech is as follows :
- You need to pass Class 12th with minimum 60% marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry from a recognised board to join good college. However, there are colleges which take students who have scored 45% - 50%.
- Your age must be between 17-23 years.
- You need to appear for entrance exams such as JEE-Mains, VITEEE, WBJEE etc.
Jobs in government sector for B.Tech computer science engineering graduates include:
- Jobs in government companies such as DRDL, ISRO, ONGC, HCL, ISRO, ECIL and BEL
- The job profiles offered in public sector are similar to that in private sector enterprises. The main advantage of government sector job is that it provides job security.
- Graduates in this field can work as technical administrators or researchers in different computer industries.
- Majority of graduates in this field pursue their career as a project leaders, junior programmer and system analysts etc.
- Graduates can also appear for competitive exams conducted by UPSC, SSC etc.
- Some of the top recruiting companies are:
AT&T, HP, IBM, Dell, Intel, Google, IBM, Yahoo, etc.
One may work as:
- Computer Communications SpecialistComputer Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Data Communication Analyst
- Research Analyst
- System and Security Administrator
- Database Management Companies
- Design Support Firms
- Data Communications Companies
- E-Commerce Industry
- Order Processing
- Stock Exchange
- Simulations Manufacturers