The MBBS is an undergraduate degree programme in medical field. It takes the duration of 5.5 years for the completion of the degree. It is very tough to pursue the MBBS course. This course is now in heavy demand by the students after 12th,Through this course, the students are taught all about the human anatomy, human cytology, medicine, chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, drugs formulation & effect and method of surgery.
The Medical Council of India is the only accredited body of medical courses
of India is the only accredited body of medical course.
- To get admission into MBBS programme in India, students have to complete their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry & Biology and score minimum 50% marks (40% in the case of reserved category).
- Student’s age should be between 17 years to 25 years.
- The given qualification is not enough to get admission into MBBS course, students have to appear for the National Level Examination conducted by the CBSE, New Delhi, i.e. NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). Students also apply for AIIMS Entrance Exam to get admission into MBBS programme.
- From the year 2016, the Supreme Court bans the state level or university level examinations for admission into MBBS programme. Now, all the admission into MBBS course through NEET Exam.
The job profiles of the MBBS may be the following:
- Junior doctors
- Junior Surgeons
- Medical Professor or Lecturer
Some Employment Areas are given here:
- Biomedical Companies
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Colleges
- Health Centres
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
Top Universities/Institutions in India offer MBBS Course:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
- Christian Medical College (CMC)
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow